So you are finally having a date with your crush. And of course, you want it to be nice, fun and memorable, but at the same time you cannot afford to spend a fortune on it. However, a nice date does not necessarily imply a night out at a glamorous restaurant. A great and inexpensive date only requires a bit of thought and creativity.
Consider these date ideas from
- Go to an event organized by your local community that you both will enjoy. It can be an open air concert in a public park, an exhibition of the local photographers’ works, or a presentation of a new book by an author you like. You will learn more about each other’s interest and have fun.
- Get outside. A perfect idea would be a bike ride in the countryside (do not forget to take some sandwiches, crackers, and water to have a snack). But even a walk in the park will do. Just get away from the campus and enjoy your time together.
- Another original date idea is visiting a drive-in movie theater – provided that your date or you own a car. You can even bring pillows to make the car more comfortable. It is a great alternative to the usual movies.
- Instead of a chic restaurant, choose a small and cozy cafe. The atmosphere there is much more pleasant and friendly, and you will most probably enjoy the evening without spending a ridiculous amount of money.
- Find out about discount days in a zoo nearby. Look at the exotic animals, feed them, take photos. You will like it even more if you invite some other couples.
- Try cooking together. Find out about each other’s favorite dishes and cook them. It does not really matter if you’ll get a delicious meal or end up with a messy kitchen and ordering pizza. The point is you will definitely enjoy the process.