At last longer days came and you are able to enjoy your free time in full. Use our list of the books, which will not leave you indifferent. Make this summer unforgettable and life helpful.
7 Good Books to Read This Summer
- Yaa Gyasi HomegoingThe histories of America and Ghana interweave in the novel. Main heroes are the descendants of Effia and Esi – two half-sisters, which were born in Ghana in 18th century.
- Emma Cline The GirlsUnforgettable characters and plot lines make this book live in the readers’ heads many days after reading. The description of a Mansonesque cult and its influence on the life of young girl will absorb you.
- Justine Van Der Leun We Are Not Such ThingsIt is a detective story, which pictures South America life in details. The investigation of the murder, which occurred in 1993, forces readers to contemplate over forgiveness, justice, privilege, and reconciliation.
- Kate Summerscale The Wicked BoyOne more detective, but this time the novel is based on real life story. It happened in London 1895. 13 years old boy stabbed mother to death. What came about? Find out from the pages of the book.
- Jennifer Close The HopefulsTwo couples met in Washington D.C. They get on well till political career, treason, and ambitious of the main heroes became the foundation for jealousness, rumors, and competition.
- Liane Moriarty Truly Madly GuiltyAustralian author describes the life of family couple, which tries hard to balance busy work and family time. Who might know, that the continuation of this struggle against routine will go through lust, intrigue, and betrayal?
- Megan Abbott You Will Know MeTeenagers and their private desires remained to be the basic of the third book by Megan Abbott. The main heroine is 14 yeast old Devon, a gymnastics prodigy and Olympic hope not only for parents but for the whole team.
Start your summer with our reading list and you will go ahead. Keep up with the times! Be the first to share your impressions from the reading on forums and with friends. Use summer time completely. Among sunbathing, swimming, talking with friends, and relaxing, book reading is one of the top summer ideas, which won’t let you spoil your free days. Take advantage of it right now!