Combine Studies and Work with Success
These days more and more college and university students choose to combine studies and work. Having a temporary or part-time job gives you a considerable advantage over full-time students: you acquire and develop useful practical skills and gain valuable experience, which, in turn, heightens your chances of finding employment right after you graduate. Nonetheless, being involved in studies and work simultaneously can prove quite a challenging undertaking.
Learn how to cope with it by reading the suggestions below:
- Always prioritize your studies. Do not allow your job to hinder your academic performance. Missing classes constantly will not do you any good. You will find yourself far behind other students, and this may play a nasty trick on you when exam time comes. It is understandable that students could always use some extra cash, but remember it is education and not part-time job that is the key to your future success.
- Time management is the best friend of working students. Your plan for the week should be as detailed as possible. Make sure that you spare some time for your family and hobbies.
- Remember to keep record of approaching deadlines. This way you will know exactly when this or that assignment is due and will be able to reorganize your schedule accordingly if need be. However, if there is no way you can cope with a writing assignment on time, you can seek assistance at .
- In case you simply cannot work that late shift today, do not be afraid to tell your employer. It is very unlikely that he/she will say no, as long as you explain your reasons.
- No matter how hectic your schedule is, you should always find time to relax. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. Spending time doing things that you enjoy (be it fitness training sessions, shop tours or just going out with your buddies) is vital since it fills you with energy, optimism and enthusiasm you need to attain your goals.